Stevia Ginger Ale
Yield: 8-ounce serving
- 3 ounces ginger syrup (see below)
- 5 ounces sparkling mineral water
- ice cubes
- Pour the syrup into a 10-ounce glass and add the ice cubes.
- Slowly add the sparkling water. Stir and serve.
Making Homemade Ginger Syrup
With minimum effort, you can make this flavorful stevia-sweetened syrup to have on hand whenever you’re in the mood for a refreshing glass of sparkling ginger ale.
Yield: approx. 4 cups
- 4 cups water
- 4-or 5-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- Peel and finely chop the ginger
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the ginger and stevia, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a heatproof container, and stir in the vanilla and lemon
- Covered and refrigerated, this syrup will keep for several days.
From The Stevia Cookbook, copyright 1999 Ray Sahelian and Donna Gates