Stevia Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: About 4 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon white stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.*
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, and set aside.
- Place the egg, stevia, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, and beat well with a wooden spoon or an electric hand-held mixer. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
* Instead of greasing a cookie sheet, you can cover it with parchment paper, which makes for quick and easy cleanup.
From The Stevia Cookbook, copyright 1999 Ray Sahelian and Donna Gates.